Friday, November 8, 2013

Summary and a Not so Original Re-Casting

I'm not dead, joy of joys. But enough sentiment. When last I posted, I promised to finish my summary of the Hound of the Baskevilles; allows-y! The last thing I remember telling you is that Sir Henry Baskeville had lost his shoes and that Watson was to accompany him as he returned home. After arriving at Baskerville manor and hearing the cries of a woman through the night, Watson began his questioning of the locals: Sherlock Holmes' primary suspect, the aged groundskeeper of Baskerville hall, a local wildlife fanatic, and his wife, to name a few. While there, Doctor Watson experienced many strange occurences, the disembodied howling of a dog and the silhouette of a mysterious man being the most noteworthy. I will now attempt to sum up in true Sherlock fashion in an effort to save both your time and the stamina of my fingers. The mystery man was none other than Sherlock Holmes himself, and the howling dog belonged to the aforementioned wildlife fanatic. It also just so happens that the owner of the dog was also the one responsible for the murder of Sir Henry Baskerville's predessor. That about does it for the summary portion of today's post; apologies if the feel of it was off, I wasn't expecting to be blogging at all today and had neglected to preform the usual pre-blog ritual.

Oh hello again, still here are you? Well you might as well keep reading I suppose, seems rude to stop now. As the title of this post suggests, I will now re-cast the major roles in The Hound of the Baskervilles; spoilers, Benedict Cumberbatch is Sherlock Holmes - if it ain't broke, don't fix it right? The role of Doctor John Watson remains with its current actor, Martin Freeman. If you need to ask why, see my reason for choosing Benefit Cumberbuzzle. Now onto the less major characters, the role of Sir Henry Baskerville goes to Tom Hiddleston. Tom has showcased his talent as both Marvel's Loki, as well as numerous serious dramas so he would be perfectly suited for walking the line between Doyle's serious and comedic undertones. Finally, the role of the murderer, whose name escapes me and quite frankly doesn't matter right now. British actor John Simm. His role as The Master in Doctor Who perfectly prepared him for, "embodying a murderer" (sounds bad when you put it like that). Well that does it for me today, I'm off to eat lunch now. I'm leaving now, and I shan't be bac- puts on ring and disappears- I just realized you can still read what I write if I'm invisible. I'll just go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment